Friday, July 22, 2011

This is How Jesus Loves

After my "day" Tuesday I really didn't feel like going to Wednesday night church service, but I know myself well enough to know that that is absolutely when I NEED to go to church.  I am so very glad I went!
We had a guest speaker who spoke straight to my heart, well God did anyway he just happened to be a great messenger.  He spoke from Luke 6:11-17, but even before he finished reading the whole passage my heart/eyes rested on verse 13  "When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, 'Don't cry'".
 I read it over and over and it was like the balm I needed.
I could tell you the story behind it, but I would have to re-preach the speaker's message, I challenge you to go read it.  To sum up a little; a widow woman's only child has died and she is crying and Jesus sees her and His heart goes out to her.  Then comes the point of the message:  "This is how Jesus loves.  He felt what she felt and was moved emotionally."  THEN He did something for her!!!  He raises her son to life...He doesn't lose sight of people.  He sees their hurts, He feels it, He ministers to it!!!!
I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!
I wrote this verse next to one of my other favorites so I can refer to both of them in trying situations.Zephaniah 3:17 " The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take Great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." 
I can just sit here forever....knowing that when I am feeling sad, maybe even mad and a little "put out" and then my Jesus says "Don't cry"...and "He quiets me with His love, He rejoices over me with singing"
He is so Awesome! I can't get enough of Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment