Monday, August 1, 2011

Your Grace Still Amazes Me!!!

There are a TON of times in my life where I can see God's hand working and I'm sure another TON  of times where He was at work and I didn't even realize it.  There are, however, 3 very specific times God has worked out circumstances in our lives and He always blows me away!
There have been multiple times in our marriage when we have had only one car.  Due to past poor financial decisions we don't have the finances to just go buy a car when we are in need.  Sometimes we have been able to work it out to fix our replace a vehicle and sometimes we have to just suck it up and I drive everyone around while we pray about what comes next. 
The first time God provided Megan was probably around 2...my uncle had a van that he was ready to get rid of and would give it to a family member who wanted it.  WE DID! We met up and filled out paper work and claimed a van that only cost us tags and title.  It was an old van, but it met our needs for a couple of years. 
The second time God provided was quite some time later we had replaced the tired old van with a used mini van.  Sadly, we got "taken" and were sold a lemon and it didn't last long.  We were a one car family again.  Then one day Rick called me and said "I need you to sit down, a friend has called and wants to know if we want their van.  They were gonna sell it, but felt God leading them to offer it to us first." We "bought" their van for insanely low price and once again were blown away by God's provision.  Stuff like that doesn't happen twice...right?!?!?
That old van lasted us 3yrs., but a yr ago we were back to being a one car family.  I was very bitter this time and struggled with God over it for months.  Somewhere around the first of the year God and I worked things out and I realized that anything I have is way more than I deserve.  He has never failed to take care of our needs and our wants are just that...wants, sometimes we get them, sometimes we don't. So I determined to drive my family around with a smile in my heart and gratefulness for the things He had blessed us with.
Yesterday afternoon we were getting ready to head out to a church business mtg, church, and running when we received several calls from a family member who was working out a car for us.  They called around 4:00 and said the car was ours all we had to do was drive to Cleveland to get it.  Once again we have a car that only cost us tags and title.  It isn't anything fancy and it is old, but it is wheels that will take my husband back and forth to work and gets about 32 miles a gallon.  It will not only save me a lot of time, but it will save us money on gas too!
Why does God keep doing this for us???  I have no idea other than His love and grace go way beyond anything I can fathom!  We most certainly don't deserve the way He takes care of us, but He DOES take care of us in spite of ourselves. "His grace still amazes me!"

1 comment: